Thursday, May 7, 2009

How can I transfer my study/shool from France to US

How can I transfer my study/shool from France to US?
Hi, I go to school in "Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis Faculté de médecine" and I graduate in 2011 "diplome d'état de Sage-femme". I want to transfer to a US med school (DC area universities like Georgetown, UMD, George Washington Univ...) with a similar program. In France I can work after graduation and my education allows me to see patients, make prescriptions... In US I think I will qualify as nurse. But what I want is to continue/transfer my school and get a full medical degree (physician). I have to find out about the transfer of credits, language requirements, tests, exams, and payment options. I have a sponsor in US in case I need to and living arrangements also. Any information and resources would be very much appreciated! Thanks
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You will be considered a straightforward applicant to Medical school as your diploma will be regarded as the equivalent of a BA. To attend Medical school in America, you need the following: Language exam to show proficiency in English MCAT A GPA (they can calculate this if you give them your exam results) $50,000 a year for the tuition fees Enough money to show you can feed and accommodate yourself or a sponsor who will sign for you
2 :
You can find some medical colleges at site below. You are going to have to read the their web sites. for international students information. you can email the admissions office with any questions.


Read more discussion :