Friday, May 7, 2010

How should I confront another student

How should I confront another student?
Okay, so my lady friend tells me that she was recently harassed by a male student, while she was practicing her nursing skills. I'm not the type of guy to rush to her aide, every time somebody says something to her. I believe that women should be able to handle some things alone. I love her, and would always back her up, but this is just my philosophy. However, this time was different. The things that were said were very blunt. They were explicit, direct, and just downright nasty. I wish that she would have put her palm across his face, but she didn't, and she hasn't told anybody, as far as authorities. I just don't know how it should be handled. Personally, I would love to simply drop-kick him as he goes to his car, and just fight it out, there. I could totally take him, but that's not the type of thing I need, right now, one month before graduation. Also, it's just not civilized. I was planning on just talking to him, with words that say "Don't do it again," and a tone that says "Or there will be trouble." I'm not out to get him, I just want to let him know that what he said doesn't fly with me. Part of me thinks that Maria should speak with him, as I stand behind her, looking tough (I can do that). Another part of me says that we should just talk to administration about sexual harassment, and have him kicked out of the school, at least for a few days. I'm just not sure we should get involved with records, and things like that. Maybe get a teacher to moderate, and use non-specific "you-know-what-i'm-talking-about" talk? I just don't know. A couple things to consider: He's a gay, black guy with a lot of friends around school. I've no predjudice against any nationality (except France ;P ), but sometimes confrontations end up black vs. white, even if it doesn't make sense to do so. Also, although I don't support homosexuality, i'm not going to attack it, here. Still, there's te chance he may pull the "homophobe" card. I'm pretty well-liked in the school, and i know people would have my back, but I would still like to keep things quiet. thanks for any input. I'll talk to Maria about it, in the morning, and see what she thinks is best. I'm going to do something, though. He took things too far.
Friends - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
in the bathroom with some soap.
2 :
First off, I would like to commend you for being a really great boyfriend. Maria is lucky to have a stand-up guy like you. All of the ideas you mentioned are excellent, except for Maria (or you) slapping him. He can have you arrested for assault and battery, and then the tables will be turned with him as the "victim." I agree that you should talk to Maria about it, and let her make the decision as to how it should be handled.


Read more discussion :