Sunday, March 14, 2010

How do you go about college overseas? when graduated in the US

How do you go about college overseas? when graduated in the US?
Well I'm in my junior year of high school, in Virginia. I'm a dual citizen, I have citizenship here and in France. I was thinking of after i graduate high school to go to college in France. Its a whole lot cheaper there, I can live with family, and I know the language. So my question is how does that work? Like how do the credit transfers work, can I even go to college in another country even though I have an American diploma? I'm planning on majoring in nursing, but I would like to do something with international health, like learning about international health affairs and so on. So yeah any advice more than appreciated. Thank you so much. [:
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Before you do anything, you need to research whether or not a French educated nurse can practice nursing in the US - if your plan is to return. And if so (and I suspect they can), what hoops must you jump to allow you to do so. You can apply to unis in Europe, including France, but know that a normal US HS diploma is not enough. You need either 3 AP exams, or 3 SAT II subject tests. You should check the international applicants information listed on the web pages for the French unis that interest you, to learn which specific tests you need. There is no "credit transfer".


Read more discussion :