Friday, November 28, 2008

Where can I find details of nurses in WW1

Where can I find details of nurses in WW1?
One of my ancestors was born in 1887 in Ireland and I have been told that she was a nurse in the war and although lived in Ireland apparently she was a nurse in France. Can anyone help me find out more about her. Thanks Sue
History - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can always go to your local library and take out books about WWI, or even request books at other libraries. Wikipedia is also a decent source of information, and you can even Google WWI nurses and see if you find anything.
2 :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_roles_in_the_World_Wars
3 :
Go to distinct libraries and museums to see if you find out more about her. Google it too.
4 :
Lyn MacDonald The Roses of No Mans Land, Lyn Macdonald did a series of books in the 1980 of first person interviews with British troops and Nurses who went though the First World War. The Roses is No mans Land is a copulation if interviews done with British Nurses from 1914 to 1918. It's the only book I know of that dealt exclusively with Nurses at that time.


Read more discussion :