Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Could you check my writing in English(travel)

Could you check my writing in English(travel)?
I am a student learning English. I just wrote something to practice English. Could you check if there are some awkward expressions? I am grateful to you. When I went to France, I stayed at B&B run by the immigrant from my country. Owners were married couple who immigrated to France 5 years ago. What bothered me is that the male owner/host was extremely hostile to my country-his ex-country and expressed his feelings without screening. We had breakfast together for 5 days and then he always talked about how horrible my country was and how shameful it was to live there. It sounded like we (including other quests) were foolish not to leave it. I wanted to be nice, so I just smiled and at times nodded trying to understand his stance. However, he frequently crossed the line. He said that my country people are too selfish and they abandon their parents on street. Plus, he said that nurses at nursing home tried to kill their patients because they didn't like to care for them and their adult children wanted it. (I have worked as a nurse at a nursing home. In my experience, nothing could be further from the truth.) When he asked me how my trip was, I said "Paris is fabulous, but I came here without my husband because he could not get such a long holiday, so I am a little bit sorry about it. Whenever I see good things, they just remind me of him." He explicitly sneered, saying "What a useless feeling! You will fight him once you see his face." I was speechless because he didn't know anything about me or my husband. Even when I said to my friends that I missed my husband, he laughed at me behind me, talking to himself "You will hate him anyway." He kept talking to guests how good Paris is. He said everything is almost free. I asked "Where does the government get such money?" He answered "Because France is a developed country unlike your country." I just shut my mouth.
Languages - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
During my trip to France, I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast run by immigrants from my country. The owners were a married couple, who immigrated to France five years ago. We had breakfast together for five days. When he asked me how my trip was, I said "Paris is fabulous, but I came here without my husband because he could not get such a long holiday, so I am a little bit sorry about it. Whenever I see good things, they just remind me of him." Much to my dismay, he explicitly sneered, saying "What a delusive feeling! You will fight him once you see his face." I was speechless; He didn't know anything about me or my husband! Even when I said to my friends that I missed my husband, he laughed at me behind me, talking to himself "you will hate him anyway." What bothered me even more is that, the male owner/host was extremely hostile to my country (turns out, it was his ex-country) and expressed his feelings without heedfulness. He continually talked about how horrible my country was and how shameful it was to live there, as if we (including other quests) were foolish not to leave it. I labored to act nice, so I just smiled and at times nodded, trying to understand his stance. However, he frequently crossed the line. He said that my country's populace is too selfish and they abandon their parents on street. Also, he said that nurses at nursing home tried to kill their patients because they didn't like to care for them and their adult children wanted it. What a lie, I thought. I have worked as a nurse at a nursing home. Nothing could be further from the truth! He kept talking to guests how good Paris is, claiming that everything here is almost free. I asked, "how does the government get such money?" He answered "Because France is a developed country unlike your country." I just shut my mouth. Now I really am speechless. __________ Please pick a best answer. 고맙습니다!
2 :
Corrections are in capital letters and sometimes I rewrote the words for you. Here it is: When I went to France, I stayed at A B&B run by AN immigrant from my country. THE Owners were A married and expressed his feelings without screening THEM. and they abandon their parents on THE street at nursing homeS tried to kill their patients they DON'T didn't like to care for them and their adult children WANT wanted it country unlike your country." (I would have said: "because - unlike your country - France is a developed country") You have no problems with English; I wish my French was like that.


Read more discussion :