Friday, January 1, 2010

What do you think of these triplets' names

What do you think of these triplets' names?
At my old nursing home there was this resident who was a triplet.One sister stayed in the south and the other one has been dead for years.They were the first triplets born in their small southern town and they are African American. Their parents named then Margaret,Mary,and Ruth. But the governor changed their names to England,France,and America. Yes he changed their names to these and these names stuck. When I first met England I asked "Is that really her name.Her name is England?" My coworkers nodded.I like that name and I am actually going to add this name to my name when I change my name next year. England is one of my most fav countries. I like her sister's names too. England,France,and America? What do you think of their names? Do you think the governor who renamed them was creative? They were born Mary,Margaret,and Ruth but the governor heard about their births and changed their names to England,France,and America. I think the governor changed their names because remember back during the Jim Crow south days, African Americans had no rights.They had to go along with the Caucasians.Their mother couldn't dare object to the name change.She had to go along with it.Thats how the south worked in the Jim Crow days.So their names were changed.I like their old names but the names the governor changed them too is kind of cool.France and England are unusual names but they're not bad.And I have met plenty of girls named America but they are Latino.This is the first African American America I have known of.
Polls & Surveys - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Alvin Simon and Theodore would have been better
2 :
How presumptuous of the governor!!!!!! I like their original names!!!!!
3 :
So, the govenor just changed their names? That's just stupid, and no I don't like people being named after countries. That's weird.
4 :
yeah.... but it wasnt his right to change thier names
5 :
Larry Curly and Moe would have been a good choice coming from the governor.
6 :
troll.
7 :
why did da goverment change their names =[


Read more discussion ;